Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Resolution For 2010

I have greatly enjoyed the year of posting daily devotions on my Garment of Praise blog. I have read the Bible from cover to cover and learned a lot.

The discipline of daily writing has been good for me. Heretofore I've been a "when the muse strikes" sort of writer unless I had a specific deadline. That will be changing - has been changing.

This daily deadline has been good exercise. It forced me to do a specific thing every day. Every day! It got me in the habit of writing without self-editing at every turn, making the writing as good as possible on the first pass. It taught me to edit in a single - or maybe double - pass after the thing was written. It taught me reference and search on the fly. It was a good discipline.

The trick will be to take it to the next level.

Next year, I will be posting only weekly on Garment of Praise. I will be writing other things in those hours - and hopefully I will have a home for them.

It is still my goal to be a published author. I'm a couple of rungs further up that ladder at the moment. It may really happen - and fairly soon. We'll just have to wait and see.

Never pray for patience. The Lord simply gives you an opportunity to exercise your patience muscle.

No comments: