Saturday, October 17, 2009

Reunion

Today is Saturday, October 17,1009. Friend-husband and I are in Branson, Missouri, attending a reunion of his army basic training unit from the Korean conflict.

It's always good to see this group. The consist of the original company was generally from Missouri, Kansas, and Minnesota. We're probably about as far west in Kansas as any of them, so we don't get to socialize much.

Visiting, catching up on events in people's lives, reminiscing, eating, laughing, and generally enjoying each other's company fill these days. We saw a show, The Hughes Brothers, and are taking the Ozark Train Ride today. But the best entertainment is just being together.

It's all about the people. God created man as a social being. Relationships are an important part of who we are. I thank Him for those people in my life whom I love, even if I rarely - or never - see them in person.

For my long-distance friends, I am grateful for email. It lets me be a part of your lives, even if we're hundreds or thousands of miles apart.

Most of the ladies in my CW40 group live in England and Canada as well as the US. CWGI has given me friends in the US, England, South Africa, and Australia. LinkedIn has connected me with people from all over the world. This electronic medium is a wonder on many levels.

May we always use it wisely.

No comments: