Saturday, June 20, 2009

Anticipation

I'm preparing to attend Marlene Bagnull's Greater Philadelphia Christian Writers Conference in August. It's an exciting prospect.

But even more exciting, I have a friend from South Africa who will be attending the Florida Christian Writers Conference in March. Since my eldest daughter lives in Orlando, and the site of the conference is less than an hour's drive from her house, I'd like to go there, too.

Anticipating is almost more fun than doing. Looking forward stirs the hope within us. Hope makes the mundane of life survivable.

There are, of course, details to be worked out. Arranging for time from work, budgeting, figuring out what one wants from the conference, all these details fuel the anticipation. And if the details cannot be worked out, at least I've had the fun of anticipating.

No comments: