Monday, March 2, 2009

Freelancing Still

Just signed up for an account with another project search site: Jobvana.

The sign up was free, so I'm not sure how valuable it will be in finding project by project work for a freelance writer. But nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I'm not totally convinced of the value of these internet job boards. They seem to be multiplying like rabbits. And whether the produce results will depend upon the number of employers looking to find freelancers.

Sometimes the categorizations are inappropriate. For example, I write and edit. Do I go into creative writing and editing? Or should I use the professional category with a marketing specialty?

Since my passion is assisting new and aspiring writers, I signed up in the creative section. But they have no jobs listed in that category.

And they segregate jobs by state, so this limits your functionality unnaturally in this computer age.

We'll see how this goes. Check back for updates.

No comments: