Friday, December 26, 2008

My New Year Resolution

Last year was a mixed bag. There is nothing new about that. Seldom do we have a year that is all wonderful - or all simply terrible - although some have come very close.

In the worst of times, there is a small ray of light and levity. In the best of times, there is a shadow. That's just the way it is.

I'm asking my readers to hold me accountable this year. I've joined a LinkedIn group who will endeavor to read the chronological Bible this year. And I had the hare-brained idea to create a daily devotional based on those readings. This means that I will have to read - and write - ahead.

Those devotions will be found on my other blog, Garment of Praise.

My mother used to tell me that my initiative was wonderful, but my finish-ative was abysmal. And she was right. I'm too embarrassed to let you know how many projects lie unfinished.

This, however, is one that I intend to see through -- with your help and encouragement. If you read these devotionals, please comment just to let me know that you've read it. It can be as simple as "I read it." - or "Present" - or "Hi." I just want a nose count.

If you have comments or suggestions, please feel free to post those as well. Just don't feel obligated to do any more than "check-in."

This will be my last post for 2008, so let me take this opportunity to wish you a blessed and fruitful new year.

Grace and peace to all.

No comments: